Possible problems-Microtek ScanMaker i320

D

danger_boy_13

I recently bought this scanner to use with my Windows desktop and PowerBook 12". It is a great scanner, but does anyone else have experience with it? My problem is that, when I use it with my PB (which is most of the time b/c I keep all my pictures in iPhoto), after scanning for a while, the scanner light will stop about 3/4 through the pass (on a preview) and the program will lock up. It locks up so bad that I have to hold the power button on my PB to force shut down (force quit doesn't kill it all the way). I have not used this enough on my Windows machine to test to see if it does it there, but I was using it tonight for about 1 hour or more and it did it. Is the Mac version of the program just buggy and causing the scanner to freeze? Any help would be appreciated.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Do you use ScanWizard 5 for the scanner? I have used my Microtek Scanner on Windows and now Mac, yet I have not experienced any problems with the software on both of the platforms. Has this only been going on for one day? If so, I would restart the computer and try scanning again. Or if that does not work, I would verify/repair permissions. Or drag every Microtek scanner app to the trash and reinstall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
sounds like a problem with the scanner software, I recommend using vuescan so you can scan through photoshop.

OP
D

danger_boy_13

I am using the Scanwizard 5 v.7.16 (the newest one off of their web site). I can already scan into Photoshop using the Twain drivers from Microtek, I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I have tried repairing permissions, I will have to try a full reinstall of the program. Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.