Porting Unix/Linux Games to Mac Os X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I have this game called Pingus(Free Lemmings) on my Linux box, and would really like to get it on Os X. Is it possible to port it to Os X, since OS X is Unix?

M

MoltenLava

FreeBSD and OS X has built in Linux binary compatibility mode. You can run ELF compiled Linux blinaries and libraries as if it was BSD native binary. Isn't it great? Why don't you just download Linux version and try to run it. You probably need to download a few more libraries to satisfy the linkage, but other than that it should be pretty straightforward.

T

twocoinss

Sorry

I don't mean to be annoying, but I'm really interested in playing Pingus on my mac. I have no clue *** to port apps from Linux, but I want to know if anyone else will do it for me (and everyone else who wants it)

just curious

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
twocoinss said:
I don't mean to be annoying, but I'm really interested in playing Pingus on my mac. I have no clue *** to port apps from Linux, but I want to know if anyone else will do it for me (and everyone else who wants it)

just curious

Wow....Doesn't this seem familiar....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.