Port Forwarding Through airport and router

L

Lordd

Im using azereus...and you know those little yellow smilies...I HATE THEM!!!

So i need to forward a port so i can get nice juicy download speeds and take advantage of my 2meg connection becuase atm im downloading at 5kb/s and it sux

Basically i got a modem thing....connected to the internet...this is connected to my airport base station via ethernet....my imac G4 Mac OS 10.3.8 is upstairs...trying to use azureus...

i accessed the router/modem through a browser...adding the port 6889 (also tried 6881) to the port forwarding bit.

Did the same to the airport through airport admin utility and added the same port.

I dont have a firewall running so that was fine...

Running azureus config wizard told me there was a NAT error on port 6889.

So basically the port is still blocked somewhere...but i cant see where.

I have also tried bypassing the airport. I have a g3 imac running a slightly older OS X on it plugged directly into the modem/router....Still getting the Nat errors.

I tried making a static IP....tried using my dynamic IP with the idea of changing the config each time the IP changed...NOTHING HAS WORKED!!

Lol, sorry, i have been worrking on this all day.

Please can anyone help me.

If you need any more information i can give it to you.

Lordd

OP
M

Mong

Lordd said:
Im using azereus...and you know those little yellow smilies...I HATE THEM!!!

So i need to forward a port so i can get nice juicy download speeds and take advantage of my 2meg connection becuase atm im downloading at 5kb/s and it sux

Basically i got a modem thing....connected to the internet...this is connected to my airport base station via ethernet....my imac G4 Mac OS 10.3.8 is upstairs...trying to use azureus...

i accessed the router/modem through a browser...adding the port 6889 (also tried 6881) to the port forwarding bit.

Did the same to the airport through airport admin utility and added the same port.

I dont have a firewall running so that was fine...

Running azureus config wizard told me there was a NAT error on port 6889.

So basically the port is still blocked somewhere...but i cant see where.

I have also tried bypassing the airport. I have a g3 imac running a slightly older OS X on it plugged directly into the modem/router....Still getting the Nat errors.

I tried making a static IP....tried using my dynamic IP with the idea of changing the config each time the IP changed...NOTHING HAS WORKED!!

Lol, sorry, i have been worrking on this all day.

Please can anyone help me.

If you need any more information i can give it to you.

Lordd

It is most likely to do with the port you are using in Azureus. Check this out which l got from a website:

"Your client is reporting to the tracker that it uses one of the default bittorrent ports (6881-6889) or any other common p2p port for incoming connections.

It is a common practice for ISPs to throttle those ports (that is, limit the bandwidth, hence the speed).

The blocked ports list include, but is not neccessarily limited to, the following:

Direct Connect
411 - 413
Kazaa
eDonkey
Gnutella
6346 - 6347
BitTorrent
6881 - 6889

In order to use use our tracker you must configure your client to use any port range that does not contain those ports (a range within the region 49152 through 65535 is preferable, cf. IANA). Notice that some clients, like Azureus 2.0.7.0 or higher, use a single port for all torrents, while most others use one port per open torrent. The size of the range you choose should take this into account (typically less than 10 ports wide. There is no benefit whatsoever in choosing a wide range, and there are possible security implications).

These ports are used for connections between peers, not client to tracker. Therefore this change will not interfere with your ability to use other trackers (in fact it should increase your speed with torrents from any tracker, not just ours). Your client will also still be able to connect to peers that are using the standard ports. If your client does not allow custom ports to be used, you will have to switch to one that does.

The more random the choice is the harder it will be for ISPs to catch on to us and start limiting speeds on the ports we use. If we simply define another range ISPs will start throttling that range also.

Finally, remember to forward the chosen ports in your router and/or open them in your firewall, should you have them. "

So basically change your port in Azureus, mine is 65000 and then port forward this port in your router (http://www.portforward.com )

And that should work! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Ok few things to check. On your modem/router you should be forwarding 6889 to the IP address of your Airport base station. On the Airport you should be forwarding it to the IP of your iMac (it's labeled "Private IP Address" in Port Mapping in the Airport Admin utility).

I use Azureus and have no problem with it and I also deal with a double router situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If any body here has help or was looking for a slightly different problem I also has a slightly different port fowarding question
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16690
thought i would let you know if you have a port fowarding question that it different then this. Also if you have a little more advice for me please click on the link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.