Poor airport reception

W

WhitE_RabbiT

Guys, I'm getting terrible reception.

Even when I'm right next to my base station, my reception is less than 50%

Is there any possible reason for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
WhitE_RabbiT said:
Guys, I'm getting terrible reception.

Even when I'm right next to my base station, my reception is less than 50%

Is there any possible reason for this?

Have you recently changed anything with your machine? Have you tried removing and reinstalling the card (paying special attention to the antenna plug)? Finally, what version of the AirPort software are you running? Hold down the option key while you click on the AirPort icon in the Menu bar, then select "About AirPort".

OP
W

WhitE_RabbiT

No, haven't changed anything. Haven't checked the card, I will do that shortly.

Framework: 341.1.0
Menu Extra: 340.23.0
AirPort Extreme driver: 342.5.0
Admin Utility: 340.26.0
Setup Assistant: 340.10.0

OP
W

wickedbusa

There has to be something wrong with your card, I have the same laptop as you, except in the 17 inch version, and I have excellent signal.

OP
W

WhitE_RabbiT

Ya, i checked the wiring....its all good too.

Is there anything I can do? I got my laptop from apple over the internet, and there are no mac stores around. I really don't want to have to send it back to them just for them to look at it.

OP
M

menace3054

its funny. most people say the ibook's reception sucks and the powerbooks reception is amazing. my powerbooks reception sucks, my my gf's ibook has amazing recept.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.