Poing! It quit. HELP!!!!

Reaction score
HI, I just received a new imac for my birthday. My old G4 Cube was giving me fits. I tried transferring the information from my G4 to the imac by connecting the two together according to the instructions on the imac when it first started. It would not work. I wound up putting the information that I wanted to save on an external HD and transferring the info that way.
I got just about everything transferred and then started losing things. I transferred my address book to the imac and when I tried to open it I got a message the it was not compatible with this OS. My G4 has OS 10.4.6 Tiger. Now I don't have an address book. I was also not able to download my bookmarks from Firefox. I prefer Firefox to Safari because it worked much faster on the G4 Cube.
I was in the process of opening each bookmark and typing it on the imac, then bookmarking it that way. All of a sudden the G4 Cube made a noise like a spring breaking (Poing), and then shut down. I can't get it to do anything. Totally dead. All of my address book and most of my bookmarks are still on it. Any help would be most appreciated. I have important information on the bookmarks that I need to recover.
Is there any way of retrieving the address book on the imac using leopard without reloading the OS? That would take forever. I am really concerned about getting the G4 Cube going again so that I can get my information back.

Ed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.