Podcasts on iPhone

Reaction score
There is an old podcast that I can't delete that always wants to play unless I specifically select anther. I thought it would eventually go away but it hasn't and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Are you using the Podcasts app to play this or is it sync'ed from a computer? If the Podcasts app, you should be able to go to the Library and find the specific episode or podcast that you don't want anymore, and click on the 3 dots next to it and choose Remove Download. You can then go to the overall podcast (not episode) and choose to Remove Download and Unfollow Show to get rid of the entire podcast from your library.

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
Hmm. I replied yesterday but it didn't take. I wonder what happened!

I do use the podcast app but this podcast does not appear in the library. It just pops up if there isn't anything else to play or I am playing out of order. Also weird, it is four episodes ago. When I look at the episode list for that podcast it shows up as played, yet it plays! There does not seem to be any way to delete it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That's very odd, when I finish playing all of the available episodes, the Listen Now section is just empty. I'm out of ideas as this point, perhaps others have things to try..

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
perhaps others have things to try..

I don't really - but I've always adopted the principle that a reboot or switch off/switch on any electronic device is a good starter.

So; may I suggest you do a Forced Reboot aka a Hard Reset.

Assuming your iPhone is relatively new - Quick Press Vol Up button, followed immediately by Quick Press on Vol Down button, then immediately Press and Hold down the Power button until the Apple icon/logo  appears, then release the button.

This Apple article covers all the recent iPhones and how to do this if yours is an older version.

Please post back.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you look in the app you use for the podcasts Settings, for an option to delete old podcasts?
Did you connect the iPhone to your PC (macOS or winOS) and try to delete the offending file?

Did you see this article?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.