Please help

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro. My applications are not responding. When I open photo booth it stops responding. When I try to make a video call on skype it stops responding. I'm tired of seeing that beachball. I'm tired of force quitting. I have already tired repairing disk permissions. I have already tried using another account. Both failed. I noticed using safe boot made the applications work. But I can't use my wacom tablet in safe boot. Going into safe boot, and restarting into normal mode made apps work. This method does not work anymore. Another thing I noticed was when I boot my mac, the progress bar below the apple logo does not load completely. It loads a little under half way then it takes me to my Yosemite. Please help me. I need my applications to work. If there is a solution, please tell me. Thanks in advance!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
HELLO. This is the 2nd thread you started on this problem!

In your first thread I asked you for the specs on your computer & what OS it is running. Since this info hasn't been listed in your Mac-Forums profile...and because this is a completely new thread...you need to provide this info again (folks aren't going to remember the specs from other thread).

Also regarding the "Beachballs". I also (in the other thread) asked you to read the "Beachballs" link in my signature. There's alot of good info there about the "Beachballs"!:)

- Nick

OP
E
Reaction score
HELLO. This is the 2nd thread you started on this problem!

In your first thread I asked you for the specs on your computer & what OS it is running. Since this info hasn't been listed in your Mac-Forums profile...and because this is a completely new thread...you need to provide this info again (folks aren't going to remember the specs from other thread).

Also regarding the "Beachballs". I also (in the other thread) asked you to read the "Beachballs" link in my signature. There's alot of good info there about the "Beachballs"!:)

- Nick
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
4GB 1067. MHz DDR3
IntelHD Graphics 288 MB

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How much disk space do you have left? What applications are you normally running? Open up Activity Monitor and take a screen shot (CMD+Shift+4+space) of each tab in the that window and then paste it here.

What applications are running in the top menu bar? Check you Login Items in Accounts to determine that..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.