Please help

Reaction score
I bought my mac air in taiwan., after 7 months my mac wont turn on., i bring my mac to the center and they said my mac air is under the hard drive replacement program and is for free,, after that., my mac is ok., until i go home to the philippines., my mac wont turn on again., because i cant carry deffective divice on the airplane., i left my macair to my sister to be check in the mac center in the philippines., first mac center philippines send me email that i have to pay 26thousand pesos ($650) for the repair. My sister got shocked because of the price., and then we think why not., we bring the mac air again to the mac center., and then we got an email again that we need to pay 31,000 pesos ($800) for battery and main logic board replacement., i think its too much., if im going to pay that i almost buy a new macair in that price., please help me., sorry for my english.,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
You have a warranty period of at least 12 months on every Apple hardare product, and if you bought AppleCare that period will be even longer.
So if your machine is not older than 12 months, the warranty will cover for that, unless you tampered with the device ( like spilling liquid on it )

If you get in touch with Apple support, maybe even through an Apple Authorised Reseller, they will help you.

Cheers ... McBie

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...we bring the mac air again to the mac center., and then we got an email again that we need to pay 31,000 pesos ($800) for battery and main logic board replacement., i think its too much., if im going to pay that i almost buy a new macair in that price., please help me., sorry for my english.,

$800 for a new logic board and battery is about what you would pay in the United States as well. I have to believe that if the Apple said that this is what your computer needs…then I guess It needs it.

And yes I agree. If you have to pay $800…you might as well get a new computer.

I guess the BIG question is…what happened to this computer that it needs a new logic board and battery??

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
I wanna share the apple dx but i cant link the picture here., i just dont know why i have to pay that much.,

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...i just dont know why i have to pay that much.,

You have to pay this much…because that's what the parts & labor cost (logic board & battery).

The question is…what happened to the computer when you had it? Usually a logic board and battery don't spontaneously go bad by themselves.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Any chance of say a liquid spill?

C

chas_m

Then it's still covered under warranty. Show them your sales receipt and demand that they repair it under warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.