Please HELP ME!! AIM

Reaction score
I just switched from a PC to a macbook. Right now I'm using aim, however I am use to just pressing the enter/return button that's to the right, not towards the bottom. I tried playing around with the settings however I can't seem to find a way to change the key settings. I know this is probably in the wrong type of forum. But if you can pelase help! thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just switched from a PC to a macbook. Right now I'm using aim, however I am use to just pressing the enter/return button that's to the right, not towards the bottom. I tried playing around with the settings however I can't seem to find a way to change the key settings. I know this is probably in the wrong type of forum. But if you can pelase help! thanks

I really do NOT like the AIM client for OSX. If all you want to do is AIM chatting, try the built in iChat. It's a first rate program for AIM chatting and lets you do video/Audio also.

Not sure one return keys. In IChat I do what you are talking about all the time and it works.

Edit, Found the setting you are after. Check my Pic below.

Check under misc Return Key sends message.

Picture 3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I would also suggest Adium, it is an amazing IM client. Lets you do AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and I believe Jabber (i.e. GTalk)

Reaction score
While we're on the topic of AIM clients, is there one that allows the "Get file" feature that is available on the PC version?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.