Please help, ipod 5 not restoring

Reaction score
i have an ipod 5th generation running ios 8 and recently it got stuck on the boot logo when i turned it off... so i put it on recovery mode and i went on my laptop to restore it and it kept giving me errors and wouldnt let me wipe it...please help me :(

Reaction score
you corrupted the main boot header on the device congratulations you now have a apple paperweight beglad you came you came here.

To fix this issue you kinda needed your iPod in disk mode which can only be done if the device was functional the reason for this is you would go into disk mode and run disk utility and format the device in disk utility then do a restore which corrects the issue.

Now for the bad news.

this option doesn't work on iPod touches and the iPod nano as well so the device cannot be formatted and your device is a paper weight sorry to tell you this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2020, 2.3 Ghz, Quad core i7, 16gb, 1 TB, Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB , Sonoma 14.1.1
That seems bizarre. They (Apple) can't just restore it? It's just a small computer, is it not? I'm not arguing, that just doesn't make any sense to me. Matt, how old is it? Warranty maybe?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.