Playing video from Windows 2003 Share

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I've got my MacBook and I'm absolutely loving it, but I've got one small issue.

I can connnect to my Windows 2003 Shares, and everything is fine with reading/writing etc... except for playing video's from these shares.

When playing video's, the video stutters and pauses every 5-10 seconds, however playing from the same share under a Windows XP Parallel's machine plays perfectly. It has to be something in how OSX is reading form the smb share, but I've got no idea.

Anyone?

OP
T
Reaction score
Hey mate, it isn't from iTunes. This is from just browsing a SMB share on my server.

Reaction score
I'm not saying it is ... just mentioning that an alternative is you can just launch iTunes and watch the movie that way whether you have any share mounted or not.

OP
T
Reaction score
Very true. :) I'm thinking of moving my data off my RAID array and moving my server across to Ubuntu. I blame M$ Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.