• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Pic of the next iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/10/video_ipod.jpg

I don't know if this has been posted, but I thought I'd throw it up anyway. I saw it posted on Engadget. Even though it's most likely just a poor rumor and there's no way of a new iPod release this year, I do like the idea of the design.

The nice, clean face with only the screen is nice. And the virtual scroll wheel would be cool and reminded me a lot of the virtual graffiti area Palm put on some of it's PDA's to allow for a bigger screen. It would be cool to have the scroll wheel always there, but fade away after a couple seconds and show up when you touch the screen.

Now, they just need to make sure it's the size of current iPods, have at least a 100 GB HD and a battery that lasts 15 hours. of continuous video playback!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is a really old picture. These widescreen video iPods have been circulating for well over a year now. I think there's a video somewhere showing how that picture was created in Photoshop.

However, since the announcement of the iPhone, it could very well be possible that we could be looking at a widescreen iPod with multi-touch. Who knows, we'll have to wait till this Fall to find out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
interesting stuff, looks like an ipod in a creative zen sleek casing

Reaction score
Those all make no sense at all anymore. Any new iPod will sport the same touch-interface like the iPhone, not a virtual scroll-wheel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
will they ever add radio on an iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Nagger: No, that's what the external radio remote is for.

Jerseyjim: Satellite radio is currently very much in flux (only 2 companies, they're currently planning to merge and the adoption rate hasn't been that stellar either) and US only, so that seems highly unlikely as well..

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
i prefer this one. looks much better design.

Me too, looks very nice. I suppose the scroll wheel, even the idea of a virtual one, is going to be history with the new interface shown in the iPhone. I'll have to watch the iPhone demo again because I can't remember how you skip forward/backward and volume adjust with the new interface and full screen video watching.

I wouldn't actually want satellite radio on my iPod since it would require a big ugly antenna sticking out. I would like to see a regular radio function integrated before a camera function. Pretty much everyone had a camera on their phone any more and anything built into an iPod wouldn't be any better without sacrificing the form-factor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.