Photoshop action question

Reaction score
Hi,

I've made an action to make my photo's smaller to upload to our photo website. How do I make it so it opens every photo - its programmed to open but it keeps opening the same one - IFYWIM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I never use "Open" in the action, delete that command and simply point photoshop to the folder that contains the images you wish to apply the action too. It sounds as though when creating the action you started recording before you opened that file, so photoshop would look for that file each time as it is recorded in your action.

How are you starting the batch process, which photoshop command?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
er.. 24" iMac
actions.png

The action is specified to open one file. You could double click the image location and from there open up the all disired files. I'm un

Just figured out how to open a folder instead of a single file

After creating the action go to

File > Automate > Batch...

batch.png

These settings, but you don't have to check subfolders. Although you may want to check windows.

Thank you for asking this query, because I've only used the actions once before and well helping you has helped me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
First create an action with an image open and record the necessary steps you want to resize the image, be sure to include closing the image after you have done all you want in the action, then stop the recording of the action.

Now go into the file menu and look under "Scripts" and select "Image Processor". Once here you select the folder containing the images you want to resize, specify where the new saved versions will go, then near the bottom you can select an action to run, so select the resize action you created. After you are happy everything is set right, click "Run".

You can also use "Batch..." under the Automate menu, which is basically the same thing, just setup your source and destination folders, then select your action, and run it.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
I typed as fast as I could.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I typed as fast as I could.

Hey, we all three replied with the same answer said three different ways...its all good. :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
er.. 24" iMac
Got to love Photoshop for being able to skin a cat in many ways.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.