Photos transfer from PS Bridge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
I’m finally ready to put all my old (approx. 50 gb) photos into Photos from Photoshop, Bridge and looking for the fastest, simplest way. I’ve done a few as a test and all devices, MBP, iPad and iPhone all find the photos in the cloud in photos app in so I’m all linked up ok that way. I’ve got 200 mb free in the cloud.

Just select all then drag and drop and go to bed? Seems kind of primitive. I’m probably missing something obvious. I’ve read old posts but don’t see my issue.

I’ve got them all backed up to a external drive already in case.

Thanks.

Diane

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ha! Answering my own question. On the MBP in Photos, file import.

I’m just out of hospital and that or terminal dumbness, is my excuse for missing the obvious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Glad you found the answer yourself! One small thing to watch for: In Photos/Preferences, if the Copy box is checked, the actual files will be imported to Photos and you can safely delete them as separate files on your drive, if you want to. But if you didn't check the box, all you "imported" was the location of the file, so you cannot move it or Photos won't be able to find it for you.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.41.49 PM.png

The default is for the box to be checked, btw.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you found the answer yourself! One small thing to watch for: In Photos/Preferences, if the Copy box is checked, the actual files will be imported to Photos and you can safely delete them as separate files on your drive, if you want to. But if you didn't check the box, all you "imported" was the location of the file, so you cannot move it or Photos won't be able to find it for you.

View attachment 31648

The default is for the box to be checked, btw.

Thanks for the heads up! Yes, mine’s checked. Whew!

I’m having lots of fun with tags and file names (many have come over from Bridge) but wish I could do them with my iPad too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.