Photos rotation on iOS 13.1.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Puzzled why the updated iOS for Photos has changed the direction of the rotate function to clockwise - or am I missing something? It rotated anticlockwise until now, matching how I have it set on the MBP. I know I can change it to clockwise in Mojave but would prefer the direction I'm used to.

Anyone know if/how I change it on the phone?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Sue

On my iPhone X (iOS 13.1.2), I enter Edit - when you tap on the Rotate icon at the bottom of the image, you are presented with two Rotate options.

The one at the bottom allows you to rotate in either direction using a slider over which you have total control.

But, as you rightly state, the Rotate function at the top of the image, which rotates 90 degrees at each touch, is clockwise.

I see no way of changing this, but maybe you would be content with the manual, slider version at the bottom??

Ian

OP
badshoehabit
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Thanks, Ian, but it's not the easy flip of a photo which needs a simple 90 degree turn, is it? I find it strange when the default on OS is a left turn. Who knows what goes on in the minds of Apple's geeks.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Who knows what goes on in the minds of Apple's geeks.

They have minds?:smile:wink

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.