Photo sharing/Sending in Ventura 13.0.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch, M1, 2021, 256GB 16GB memory. MBA M1 2020 256GB, 8GB memory.
I've just updated from Big Sur to Ventura 13.0.1. With Big Sur, once I'd started to write an Email, Message, WhatsApp I could add a photo from any 'Album' in my photo 'Library' via Photos/Album Name, but now I only have the option to send from 'Library', no drop-down facility to go to a specific album which means a lot of searching to find the correct photo. Any ideas how to get a dropdown box?
I can do it in reverse i.e. go to the album select and copy the photo and then paste to the email etc before I start writing but that's not as convenient as with Big Sur. Any ideas? Thanks. IMG_6260.jpeg IMG_6259.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
What is your picture taken from? It's not Mail, or Messages. so it must be WhatsApp, I guess. But it would be nice to know.

In Mail, when I click on the media icon, I get the option to select from Photos, and that then opens a new window where I can select what album I want to use for the image.

Messages doesn't have the same option, but it does have a search function for searching Photos for people and things which can make it easier.

I don't have WhatsApp so I can't test there.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is your picture taken from? It's not Mail, or Messages. so it must be WhatsApp, I guess. But it would be nice to know.

In Mail, when I click on the media icon, I get the option to select from Photos, and that then opens a new window where I can select what album I want to use for the image.

Messages doesn't have the same option, but it does have a search function for searching Photos for people and things which can make it easier.

I don't have WhatsApp so I can't test there.
Yes the photos are WhatsApp. In Mail, when I click on the Media tab nothing happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
In Mail, start a new message and in the upper right corner is the Media icon. Click it and you should see this:
Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 12.42.58 PM.jpg
It's trimmed, but you can see the "Photos" option. Click that and you get a window that looks like this:

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 12.43.19 PM.jpg

You can scroll down to see the images, or scroll the top part of the window to choose, people, places, albums, whatever you have organized in Photos.

As I said, in Messages the Photos window has a search function that works pretty well, but no way I could find to navigate to a specific folder.

I don't have WhatsApp, so I cannot help there, sorry.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah..... Thanks Jake. I've always used the 'paper clip' icon to add photos to email. I don't recall seeing the Photo Browser icon before on Big Sur. Not saying it wasn't there, just always (for years) thought I had to use the paper clip for attachments of documents and photos. Thank you so much. The Messages and WhatsApp I can live with via copy and paste. It's the email one that's more important to me. I just love this helpful site!!!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.