Personal scheduling software for macbook?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me of some good personal scheduling software for Mac? I'm looking for software where I can enter my planned schedule, and it will allow me to check it and also quickly see what I'm supposed to be doing right now. An additional feature I'd like would be to set how far I'm running late (or early) and have the schedule automatically adjust. I tried Googling for this and all I could find is project management software, which isn't what I'm looking for. Thanks.

My OS is Sierra 10.12.6 .

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me of some good personal scheduling software for Mac?

The pickings have been slim since Apple started to include Calendar/iCal with the Macintosh. Check out:

Fantastical $50
Flexibits | Fantastical | The calendar app you won't be able to
live without.

BusyCal $50
BusyCal - The Best Calendar App for Mac

Dossier $15
Dossier for macOS - Boundary Labs

You can have far more sophisticated features, but you would have to jump to a very expensive office management application to get them.

OP
C
Reaction score
You may have used the wrong terminology when you searched.

Try this:

Personal Information Manager (PIM) Apps for Mac | AlternativeTo

None of those were what I'm looking for, at least not the top ones that I checked.

The pickings have been slim since Apple started to include Calendar/iCal with the Macintosh. Check out:

Dossier wasn't what I'm looking for, and I can't get the others to work on my computer. So that's pretty much all there is, huh? Good to know.

Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
None of those were what I'm looking for, at least not the top ones that I checked.

Dossier wasn't what I'm looking for, and I can't get the others to work on my computer. So that's pretty much all there is, huh?

I'm sorry....as recently as five years ago there were a lot of these types of programs for the Macintosh.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Could it be that you need an older version to work with your Mac software. Check this page for older versions of FantastiCal. Older versions of BusyCal should also be available on its page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.