• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

PB purchase pending for Tiger

O

october

Guest
I've been planning for about two months now for a PB 15". I've been holding off for Tiger to be included. As anyone would understand I'm getting impatient and was wondering how long it would take for it to be included once it is released.. does anybody have any ideas of the time frame?
 
Z

zakatov

Guest
As soon as Tiger is announced (should be next week*), all computers bought will be eligible for a free** Tiger upgrade, IIRC. So hold on a little more

*I'm just guesstimating, more accurate time frame is any time before NAB, mid-April.
**like 15$ SH
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Points
8
Location
New York
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
I just got my Powerbook the first week in March. Do you think I'll be able to get a reduced price upgrade to Tiger?
 

trpnmonkey41


Retired Staff
Joined
Jul 22, 2003
Messages
6,999
Reaction score
187
Points
63
Location
Hamilton College
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Big Mike said:
I just got my Powerbook the first week in March. Do you think I'll be able to get a reduced price upgrade to Tiger?
Highly doubtful

I am pretty sure it is within 28 days of the release (which hasn't even been announced)
 
I

iDVFH.

Guest
I'm not really that enticed by Tiger yet..I still think there's gonna be a few bugs that are going to have to be found by mass use of the OS..until I'll keep Panther (maybe until Tiger gets it's first update)
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Points
8
Location
New York
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
trpnmonkey41 said:
Highly doubtful

I am pretty sure it is within 28 days of the release (which hasn't even been announced)
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I didn't think so. I'll probably stick with Panther for a while, all though I don't want my brand new PB to be outdated so soon...
How much do you think the upgrade will cost? I'm thinking around $150.
 
K

Kokopelli

Guest
No need to guess. It is available for preorder on Amazon already. Currently you can get it for $95 with discount. Normal price is $129.
 
Top