Pause/Stop/Fast forward doesn't work with Library Playlists

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the Apple TV 4K Remote not functioning (registers the click/press or swipe) but the action isn't there? Not a remote issue, not a battery issue as the remote works fine with every other Apps EXCEPT my Home Sharing Library and only once a movie start.

I've been with Apple for EEVVEERRR and when they converted iTunes to Movies, I thought that was the end all for Home Sharing and creating playlists with my tv shows and movies. I like to shuffle certain genre's of tv shows and/or movies while I sleep.

I currently have a playlist call All movies or movies A-Z and there are approx. 500+ movies in there. I have had to painfully download them (purchased) on my PC to keep them as M4V's because of the new .movpkg file that Apple uses will no longer play in a playlist.
I have stopped buying movies because it's a pain to transfer from PC to Mac as it sucks the bandwidth.

Anyway, maybe a few months ago, could be longer, the remote will no longer fast forward, or stop a movie that's currently playing in the playlist. I have to hold down the menu button for approx 5 secs to take me out to the main Apple TV Menu and I can still hear the movie sound playing. If I go back in to the library/playlist I cannot select the movie anymore, it's just the "Album Covers" of the movies I can scroll through. The movie sound is STILL playing. In order to stop it entirely I have to restart the Apple TV itself. It's become a ritual to restart that thing now. I feel bad for it. LOL!

Apple Support is just crap lately. (I'm an Ex Senior Tech Advisor) so I'm well aware of processes and procedures and I have tried to get help but they are useless. I literally still have two open cases and they never got back to me on either of them. So I can't bring myself to call them anymore.

Hoping someone has some sort of idea or answer or it happens to them as well. I dunno...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.