password problem after downgrade

Reaction score
i have a MBP late 2010 i updated to the second beta of osx yosemite after a while of usage non of the apps where working (only safari) i think it some kind of bug in the new os so i downgraded to osx maverick using cmd +R at boot . now every thing works fine except when i try to change system settings like the time my password does not work although it works on session login any solution please​
:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Go into System Preferences > Users & Groups > Password, and reset your password. For what it is worth using Yosemite Beta 2 everything works just great. Where did you download Yosemite from, the APple Beta Program or elsewhere?

C

chas_m

I disagree with both of you. :)

Metadas: I have no idea what caused the problem you experienced, but it wasn't Yosemite PB 2. I use a variety of apps every day on it, and they work fine.

Harryb: Having said the above, I can easily prove that "everything works great" isn't true. Try launching iMovie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
A tad slow chas m but launches and runs okay. Is your version OS X 10.10 (14A329r)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.