Partition?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Book G4 10.5.5
I need to partition my external hard drives, just wonder how many GB do you guys normal put in each partition? I was told by a friend that I should try putting 20GB per a partition,which seems sensible...

But I have got 2 drives each has 300GB, so if I partition for 20 or 30GB, it'd would be "beautiful" if I use those drives, coz I would have like 10 icons mounted on the desk. Is that how people normally do it? Or am just being silly? Is there a way to create a kind of folder to put all the parts, so when it comes to unmounting, I coudl just unmount a big folder, not 10 icons...

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
With smaller drives, 20 GB seemed good, but with a 300GB drive, I'd definitely made fewer larger ones instead. You can always create one or two smaller ones, but you don't want to find yourself short on space in this partition and that partition when you could have had a bunch of files on the same one. 10-14 20-30GB partitions seems silly to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.