Partition Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 15" High-res Display, 2.4GHz Core i5, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 96GB Kingston SSD
Hi,

Last night i attempted to dual boot OS X and Mandriva Linux for the first time since getting my Mac Mini. I partitioned the hard drive into 120Gb (OS X) and 30Gb (Linux) using boot camp assistant. Following some instructions online i downloaded rEFIt and installed. I then went through and installed Mandriva alongside OS X in the 30Gb free space that was left on the drive.

However, when i boot the machine, i am given 2 options. Boot into OS X (works perfectly) and boot into Linux from HD which leaves me with the message 'no bootable disk - insert boot disk' or something similar.

I now can't get back into boot camp because it gives me some message about it having to be one single mac journaled partition. Disk utility is worse than useless as all i can do is erase the linux partition.

Anyway, what i want is to be able to erase the 30gb partition so it is simply free space. Then i want to be able to extend the mac partition back to the full capacity. I really really really don't want to re-install OS X.

I've been scouring the web for hours and nothing has helped. So anything would be great.
Thanks,
Rob

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 15" High-res Display, 2.4GHz Core i5, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 96GB Kingston SSD
The Boot Camp program itself can reclaim the lost partition.

Unfortunately i can't get into boot camp though. So i'm really stuck as to what to do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Do you have the original OS X disks that came with the machine ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fixed the problem, underestimated disk utility :) Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.