Parallels and future OS X Updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Getting ready to buy Parallels Desktop10 for Mac and have a question. I'm running Yosimite on my iMAC. What happens when Apple updates OS X? I assume Parallels I buy today will work with any future MAC OS'?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It's like any other application - this all comes down to whether or not the developer supports new versions. I have v. 9 which I got when I had Mavericks and it was updated to work with Yosemite (if that's anything to go by).

M

MacInWin

I assume Parallels I buy today will work with any future MAC OS'?
Bad assumption. There is no guarantee that it will work, or that the vendor will update. But that is true of EVERY software package ever created. History says Parallels will very likely be updated to whatever OS X Apple creates, as they have done so every time up to now. But no guarantees.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.