P2 Viewer for Mavericks

Reaction score
Using iMac OX 9 Mavericks. Have obtained a copy of a a police video thru public records request, but am not able to view it on my computer. Downloaded P2 Viewer and driver and CMS software but unable to play the video. I NEED to be able to play the video and create a transcript of the audio.

OP
L
Reaction score
I tried VLC, to no avail. Maybe I need to be more specific. The police video is set up this way: AV Viewer (folder) > AV Viewer (folder) > ICV (folder) > AVViewer.exe and a bunch of others, including Lawnmower Phil.AV.

I understand the video I need to see and hear is "Lawnmower Phil.AV.

Does anyone know what steps I need to take?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
AVViewer.exe is a Windows executable which will not play on your Mac. Borrow a friend's PC and load the files from Windows. You should be able to view the video and hear the audio.

OP
L
Reaction score
i did take it to a friend's PC, but I need to be able to view this video on my Mac -- because it will take time to make a blow-by-blow (literally) and word-by-word transcription. Sounds hopeless, though. Too bad because it is really important.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't run that program on your Mac unless you install Windows on it. You can install Windows using virtual machine software (VirtualBox from Oracle is free) but you would still need a legal copy of Windows.

Reaction score
Have you tried this from Panasonic?
P2 Viewer Plus

Perhaps if you could point us at a way to get a sample of what you're trying to view, some of the more technically adept members of the forums could find a suitable method for you.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.