over heat???

B

bonnyjoy

guys could some oen tell me abou the working environment for the ibook.

i went to the apple experience center.there they always run a fan besides the macs.

Can i use continuously for some 10 hrs,without these cooling stuffs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
bonnyjoy said:
guys could some oen tell me abou the working environment for the ibook.

i went to the apple experience center.there they always run a fan besides the macs.

Can i use continuously for some 10 hrs,without these cooling stuffs.

Absolutely. Just make sure the cooling openings on the case aren't blocked.

OP
S

Stanley

I haven't shut down my iBook in 4 days, Only goes into sleep mode now and then...
I allways make sure that the bottom is on a real flat surface, because the bottom surface of your ibook is a little egg-shaped and that way it gives off it's heat to the surroundings...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I never shut mine off, I do shut the cover, and it does go to sleep though. I have had mine on, with a couple of reboots, for at least a month solid, now. It does get a little warm at times, but I don't find it very productive to have a "laptop" on my "lap" so, it stays on my coffee table, where I'm sure it gets the best ventiliation other than actually hovering in mid air with a cool arctic breeze....

Well, you get the idea :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Stanley said:
because the bottom surface of your ibook is a little egg-shaped and that way it gives off it's heat to the surroundings...

Hmm...I never noticed that. I'll have t check it out later. :)

OP
S

Stanley

You'll never notice it if you don't know it. It's very little. I read it in the iBook's manual somewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.