Outlook Mac Issues !! HELP!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1 Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Hi,
I am Avinash, and am from India.

Currently I am using OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.1

I have problems setting up my outlook mac, for which I need few suggestions.

I am using Outlook Mac 2011, Version 14.1.0.

Setting rules is quite simple in windows and I find it extremely hard on outlook mac. IN spite I have created rules. but still I have issues.

I have assigned specific rules to move certain mails to a folder and inspite of all that All my incoming mails goes into the assigned rules folder.

I have tried deleting the rules and the folder and also reinstalled outlook as well, but still I have this issue. Can anyone help??

Apart from which is there anyway to put tables on outlook, even though if I copy from Excel, the lines are missing, any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 iMac 21.5; 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5; 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Mojave.
I've received a lot of help from India. I feel obligated to help back. :)

FWIW, I'm using Outlook version 14.4.8.

I'm not having any problems with rules under Mavericks. Let's hope that Yosemite is just as good. I'd like to see what your rules look like. Please take a snapshot of them and include them in your next post.

Re Excel, when you say the lines are missing, please be more specific. Are you talking about the lines around each cell, or is it something else?

Also, note the details in the left margin about my system. If you put your details in your profile so that they appear with your posts, it can save a lot of time in later posts.

Last edited:
OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1 Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
The rules screenshot is attached

So as per the rule only mails i receive from [email protected] has to go the folder as I have assigned. But all my messages does go to the assigned folder. My emails no longer come to my inbox, rather al my emails are in the folder that i have assigned

lines are missing, is the lines around each cell. I try to copy the entire table, I get only the content but the table (lines) are missing

I will include the details as you mentioned.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 1.48.54 pm.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 iMac 21.5; 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5; 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Mojave.
Okay, I can help you here.

RULES:
Rule name: This can be anything convenient for you. It does not affect the logic

When a new message arrives: This should read
........From....... Contains......... [email protected]

Do the following: This should read
....... Move Message....... (to fill in the second box, click the down-arrow, then click
.......................................... "choose folder" and type in the destination folder name)

Just to keep things clean, click the minus sign at the right end of the Set Category line to remove it.

That should take care of it.

TABLES:
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. If you're just trying to send a picture of what your Excel spreadsheet looks like, I think inserting a snapshot would be as good as anything. On the other hand, you might consider attaching the Excel file to the email, especially if your recipient has the Excel app.

In any event, the lines around the cells are controlled by the Borders function. To have a box around every cell, Select All (command-A) and use the border that's dark on all four sides.

ME:
I should mention that although I've been a programmer since 1957, I don't consider myself to be an "expert", and my suggestions are not necessarily "official", but just based on my personal experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.