Outlook for mac issues - HELP!!!!

Reaction score
I am at my wits end with this issue.

I purchased Outlook 365 and downloaded Office Mac 2011.

I have literally tried 5 different scripts to export my mail data to outlook and all put it in .rge format.

When I attempt to import the data it always stops short with an error message.

Microsoft "support" told me that .rge is for Entourage, not Outlook and will not work. They said I need .olm

I cannot find any script that will convert either .mbox or .rge into .olm.

So am I screwed and stuck with a life of these lousy mac apps for my productivity? Outlook is far superior IMHO.

This is driving me NUTS!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bruce

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks, but like every other application I've found, it's a Windows application, not mac unfortunately.

Microsoft also said .pst files would work as well by the way. But all those programs I've found are Windows as well.

M

MacInWin

This is available in the App Store for $3. Don't know how well or if it works, but $3 is pretty cheap.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks so much again!

Unfortunately I don't see where this converts the files to the formats I need, .olm or .pst.

M

MacInWin

Restoring / Migrating emails in .mbox file to an IMAP supported email provider

You can also restore your emails into your existing email account. IMAP is a very popular protocol used by most email providers like Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. In a sense, you can upload your archived emails back to the cloud.

You need to first add an IMAP account using the “+” Add button. Some popular email services are autoconfigured using the "Service" dropdown.
From that page.

OP
N
Reaction score
Oh I understand, but I have over 93,000 emails and hundreds of folders I need to keep in order. So putting them into IMAP isn't going to work. Thanks for all your ideas though.

M

MacInWin

Why won't it work? If they are important to you, I'd think you'd be willing to open a dummy account, import the mbox to IMAP and then download to Outlook. Once in outlook, you can do whatever you want with them, then delete the IMAP account. It'll take a while with 93000 emails, but as I said, if they are important to you....

Go to the App Store and search for MBOX. There are twelve products there, a couple that claim to move MBOX to Outlook. I have no idea if they work or not. Some are not cheap.

Of course, if the emails are NOT important, then just drop the issue and move on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.