Outlook for Mac 2011

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Great to join this community.

Having major problems with the software on my Macbook Pro, Yosemite 10.10.2. The Office for Mac 2011 (business version) has a lot of issues. I get Excel files from PC's at the office.

I opened a file and since then the floating icon "Close full screen" is frozen. I have done everything from FQ to updating etc

OP
D
Reaction score
excel icon not closing. I have tried everything from force quit to taking Microsoft Office 2011 off and redownloading the programme this floating icon will not close and is in the middle of the worksheet. Hope someone can help me here.

Microsoft Techs don't know how to fix this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please don't cross post. I combined your posts together here in this forum where they belong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I just answered a similar post about Excel issues. She needed to force quit all apps and restart fixed the problems.

Sounds like you have done the force quit step and I will assume you have done this with all apps and restarted.

As for the floating "close full screen" window, I have never seen this and I am at a loss.

Found this site which has some resources:

http://www.office.mvps.org/install/reinstall_office2011.html

Lisa

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.