Outlook error message after Yosemite installl

Reaction score
I recently installed Yosemite on my iMac and besides the myriad of other glitches, my primary concern is that my Outlook for Mac is now showing the message "Unable to establish a secure connection to the server because the correct root certificate is not installed." I've deleted all email accounts and added them again (twice). Checked that nothing has changed with Verizon and other account's server information. Anyone have a fix for this? I work from home and it's having a huge impact on my business.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I recently installed Yosemite on my iMac and besides the myriad of other glitches, my primary concern is that my Outlook for Mac is now showing the message "Unable to establish a secure connection to the server because the correct root certificate is not installed." I've deleted all email accounts and added them again (twice). Checked that nothing has changed with Verizon and other account's server information. Anyone have a fix for this? I work from home and it's having a huge impact on my business.

Did you make a full backup before updating your Machine to Yosemite? If you did, and email is critical to your business, then I suggest restoring to your previous version of OS X. If that's not possible.....

Who issued the original root certificate? Also, you might want to read through the following MS Tech Net article about root certificates. I'm not sure it will help but may provide some clues where to look next.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes on back up. The root certificate is something I have never encountered - meaning I have no idea what it is. It seems to only be the Verizon email account. My gmail and exchange account are fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.