Outlook 2011 unable to connect to Exchange 2007

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a user who is unable to connect to my Exchange server using Outlook 2011. I had him test it by connecting through OWA and he CAN connect to Exchange, just not through Outlook. All of his settings in Outlook look correct. I've had him try using Domain/Login but still no joy. I checked the Event information on the Exchange server and the Status Code means that the error is due to a "bad username or authentication information." Again, everything looks correct. What am I missing here? I'm not a Mac person myself so try to use single-syllable words in your responses.

Thanks,

Joe B

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Not sure if applicable to your situation, but my office had to update their Exchange 2007 Server to SP1, version 4 before I could connect. If you're using anything beyond Exchange 2007, SP1 this isn't your issue but just throwing it out there.

Good luck!

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks milessthomas. I'm sitting at SP3 RU10 so it's gotta be something else. I'll be moving to Exchange Online later this year but my user would like to be able to use his Outlook.

Thanks,

Joe B

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.