osx poor with flash

G

Gar

just wondering if anyone knew why mt ibook is painfully slow at running fkash movies. and games are sometimes unplayable

Reaction score
Which games are you trying to run ? How is you ibook performing with other tasks ?

OP
G

Gar

Mr Bobbins said:
Which games are you trying to run ? How is you ibook performing with other tasks ?
pretty much every game. ibook works fine otherwise but flash games are slow as christmas

Reaction score
Have you got the processor performance set to high in system preferences Energy savers options tab ? May help a little.

If they are new games then laptops are going to struggle a bit as they are not really made for playing hi rez games. Try turning some of the options off or down in the game.

OP
G

Gar

thathanks for the reply but i think you might be missing the oint of my post . i probably diddnt phrase it too well. i meant is it a common problem like for macs in general mot just my i book. not new games just little flash games

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you updated to the latest version of Flash Player?

Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding Gar, My ibook runs flash games fine and it's only a G3 800mhz. Which program are you running them in ?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have also tried play flash games on my iBook using Firefox, and I had a horrible time trying to play the games. Flash games played the best in Safari or Camino. But if you are having problems with Safari, you'll want to use Camino. I have had much success with Camino with flash content.

OP
M

möbius

Flash in general is a bit laggy on my 800 mhz g3 ibook. Do you have any suggestions to boost performance overall on the ibook?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Not sure, have you tried using Camino yet? I have only 256mb on my iBook, so flash works very nice and smooth with Camino. I still have no luck with flash content on Firefox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.