OSX Failures

Reaction score
I moved to OSX from Windows at the time of Snow Leopard. What a great operating system. I remember things "just working". I moved to an Airport Extreme to improve Wi-Fi connectivity for my Apple computers and devices, and found even more stability. After each upgrade since, I have found the opposite to be true, now things are not working very well. More complex, more bloated, to add all those features that are called progress. Printers lost on the home network, repeated logins to iTunes, even when already logged in, annoying authorization popups even when authorized, renaming my computer randomly, and other "bugs" and failures. Now, this is a matter of opinion, to add insult to injury, the interface is getting so ugly and un-user friendly. For the first time in many years, I am starting to consider other alternatives. Apple, you are letting me down. Only the die-hard Apple fans, who accept everything like it was religion, seem to keep things going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, ranting & raving here will not do much good since this forum is not supported by Apple - if you want to leave a complaint then try Apple Feedback - I've never used this link so not sure what kind of response will be given, if any?

I started out w/ Mountain Lion on a MBPro & iMac in the spring of 2013 and have not experienced the problems you describe (having the most trouble w/ my Time-Warner router crapping out occasionally and requiring a reboot) - please provide some more information regarding you computer's model/year & OS installed; also, are you running any AV/malware or 'cleaning' software, such as Mackeeper? Dave :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Only the die-hard Apple fans, who accept everything like it was religion, seem to keep things going.

Not true. It would be pretty darn difficult for a few "die hard Apple fans" to keep things going by themselves. Apple is one of the most valuable companies in the world. A few die hard fans are hardly responsible for that on their own.

Now I don't 100% disagree with you that Apple does things I don't agree with. But that's just the way it is. I can name lots of things Apple has done over the last 27 years that I didn't agree with…but they've done a lot of great things as well.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
You think it's bad? Where were you during System 6? System 7? The early days of OS X?
Things have been getting better and better over the years. Sure there are setbacks and bugs with any new system but failures? I disagree. And I'm NO fanboy. I just like quality.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.