Some in coming mail does not show up in the Inbox or span or trash
I have Comcast as Internet Provider
I use Gmail

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Is the mail visible through the GMail website? If it is, where is the mail sitting?

OP
R
Reaction score
All the mail is in Gmail Website. The "Mail" in coming progression bar says 10 incoming emails however only a lower number of emails will show up.

C

chas_m

I'm confused about whether you are referencing a Gmail *account* or are using a GMail *mail program* or if you are using Apple's Mail program.

Assuming, for the moment, the latter, the first thing I'd look at is what rules you have in place. Email comes in, rules get applied, then all the email that passes the rules goes into the inbox or wherever they've been assigned to go by the rules.

So if you're seeing Mail retrieve say 10 emails but you only end up with say six emails, it's likely that you have rules set to automatically delete or move emails that meet certain conditions and it is removing them before they get to your inbox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.