• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

OS7 and Photoshop Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Does anyone know of a site with screenshots of most of the OS's like OS7? I also want to know if there is a site that teaches about image editing and th use of Photoshop. Last but not least, I am interested in getting a tablet for image editing, would a Wacom 4x5 suffice? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you are looking for information on System 7 and earlier (It wasn't called 'OS' until OS 8) you can find it here:

My Old Mac

As far as Photoshop...there are literally TONS of sites out there. I would suggest typing "Photoshop Tutorials" in a Google search.

I wouldn't know anything about tablets, I have never used one. I would have no idea what a good one would be.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Then why does my CD of MGI Photosuite SE v1.1 says for "Macintosh MasOS7.6.1?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
BurntSmore said:
Then why does my CD of MGI Photosuite SE v1.1 says for "Macintosh MasOS7.6.1?

Because they are wrong ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Beginning with System 7.5, the words "Mac OS" started to be used in combination with the version numbers. With Mac OS 8, the whole "System" nomenclature was dropped.

If you're looking for screenshots of System 7, you'll find them by googling for that--("mac system 7 screetshots", "System 7", etc.)--and not "Mac OS."

You know someone's an old Mac hand when they slip up and say "System Ten" instead of "OS Ten."

As for Photoshop, you might find some tips on the web, but I'd really suggest you buy a book. It's a complicated program; too much to conver on a web page.

And as for the graphics tablet...a small Wacom like that should be fine for someone starting out. On the other hand, bigger tablets are like bigger monitors: you always want one, even if you don't need it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.