OS X Yosemite Beta 5 RAM issues

Reaction score
I'm frustrated and looking for help with the new beta 5 OSX Yosemite. Each time I open Mail (Mac Mail) and begin composing a message, I can literally watch the 32gigs of RAM I have get sucked up by the mail app to the point where the mac is completely unresponsive. Been able to manage it watching application monitor but even with Beta 5 issued today, no improvement.

Yes, when I close the mail app, the RAM is restored so I've been able to single out the problem, however thats as far as I can take it......any help out there??

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Why are you frustrated?? Yosemite is still in beta release. It's not supposed to be 100% stable. Save the frustration for the REAL Yosemite release!:)

Now if you happen to be an Apple software engineer…working on how to fix problems with the pending final release of Yosemite…and you are looking for solutions. Then I can understand your frustration with only about a week to go before it is released (according to rumors)!;)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Nick....I knew that was going to be one of the responses I got.....I know, I know.....its a Beta version.....

guess I'll have to wait until the final ver is released....

Have a good one!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks Nick....I knew that was going to be one of the responses I got.....I know, I know.....its a Beta version.....

guess I'll have to wait until the final ver is released....

I only thru that possibility your way…since…maybe there isn't a fix at this point.

Hey…I'm only an "opinion of one". Someone else may chime in with the exact answer you're looking for!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have you lodgd a Feedback Assistant complaint with Apple? That is just what this is designed for with Beta software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.