OS X and Firefox Bookmarks

Reaction score
I have a HD with OS X on it... for reasons I have no been able to figure out my home directory got corrupted and I have not been able to fix it. What I really need is all my bookmarks from Firefox. I know you can Export them from the Organize Bookmarks page but obviously since I can't get logged in under my profile I can't do that. Therefore, I need to know if there is a file that these bookmarks are stored in. I thought it stored them in a bookmarks.html file but if it does a search for it turned up no results and I don't know where this file would be stored if it's there. Basically I'm not 100% sure if I can recover them. I am still able to mount the disc externally and see everything on it so that is not an issue and I was actually able to boot to it after I created a new profile but obviously those personal settings aren't under another profile.

Anyways... any thoughts are much appreciated on how I can recover the bookmarks.

OS X 10.4
Firefox 2.0.0.3

Thanks,
c7

Reaction score
The folders pathway to the bookmarks.html file:

Users—>Your log-in-name folder—>Library—>Application Support—>Firefox—>Profiles—>alpha-numeric nonsense name.default.

Inside that folder there's also a bookmarks backup file called bookmarks.bac, and a folder called bookmarkbackups.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.