OS 10.10 Drops WiFi connection

Reaction score
Upgraded to 10.10 recently. Computer looses connection to my WiFi when it goes into sleep mode. This never happened on 10.9 The "check: next to my network is there but it does not stick.

Reaction score
it won't until 10.10.1 sorry there are wireless issues in 10.10 that make wifi a real pain in the can

M

MacInWin

The "check: next to my network is there but it does not stick.
Not sure what that means, but one workaround is to go into power settings and set the screen to sleep at whatever interval you want, but the CPU to "Never" and then just leave the lid open all the time. That way it never really sleeps, the CPU can respond to heartbeat packets from the network and the connection should be more reliable. No real guarantee because there are some other challenges in WiFi in 10.10, but Apple has released 10.10.1 beta with some supposed WiFi changes, so we'll see if they have anything when it is released publicly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.