Order of photos is totally mixed up after importing from camera and exporting from Photos

Reaction score
I often want to work in Photoshop on multiple photos of the same subject. But after I import photos from my camera to Photos and then export them to a file on my computer, the order of the photos is totally mixed up. There doesn't seem to be a way to change the order using "view" or "arrange." There must be a way. What am I missing? Thanks very much.

OP
D
Reaction score
I should have added that I have an iMac (Retina 5k, 27 inch 2017 using macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Are you talking about the order of the files in Finder? If so, use the List View and click on the header of the attribute you want to use to sort. In Icon view, click on this icon:
Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 4.16.49 PM.png
and in the resulting menu, pick what you want to use to sort the files.

OP
D
Reaction score
Are you talking about the order of the files in Finder? If so, use the List View and click on the header of the attribute you want to use to sort. In Icon view, click on this icon:
View attachment 33053
and in the resulting menu, pick what you want to use to sort the files.

Thanks so very much. That worked like a charm. Most things are so simple once they're explained to you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.