opinions wanted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
I want to get an FM transmitter for my iPod mini. I am looking at the Kensington FM transmitter. I've heard bad things about iTrip. I don't want a cassette adapter, I need something that will work in a cigarette lighter/9V. I'd appreciate some opinions from real world users to help me make my decision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive heard lots of great things about kensingtons ipod fm transmitter, its cool that it charges while it plays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i use the itrip. what bad things have you heard. the only thing, not really a problem but, the way that you change the station is through a playlist which can be tricky at first.

OP
csuazo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
macman88 said:
i use the itrip. what bad things have you heard. the only thing, not really a problem but, the way that you change the station is through a playlist which can be tricky at first.

I heard that the sound isn't that great, it comes with software (Kensington doesn't), and it isn't good if you are in a big city since you are limited to a few channels which you have to pick out before you hook the iPod up. By all means, tell me otherwise, opinions are what I asked for.

E

EvoMac

The guy at the apple store asked me if I had a tape player in my car... I replied yes. He looked around and waited for his manager to turn his head and literally took it out of my hand. Said that the sound quality does not come close to that of using the tape adapter and it was 10 bucks less lol.

Either way the bad thing about it is the wire you have to deal with, but I have found a way to make it pretty well hidden. My friend has iTrip, but said that its kinda a pain since we live in Northern NJ and finding a dead channel to run the signal to can be a little annoying to find.

What I am really hoping for is the Denison ICELINK to find a way to work with my car WITH a Navigation system. They have it for my car ('02 TL-S) but as of now, I don't think their is a way to have it work when a navigation system is present.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Man I have no problems whatsoever with my iTrip.. it works beautifully! It is better than a radio station though, it comes in nice and clear, the tape might work better, but Im not sure.. i can't hear the difference at least. I can hear a difference when I hook up the iPod to the car stereo with a 3.5 to 3.5 wire.. that's very clear and then we also have the belkin iPod charger, which is definitely the best that I have found.. it comes in even clearer plus it has it's own volume control and is much louder and clearer.. it's very very kewl :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.