• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Open Souce Opening for Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Source: Businessweek Online:

With Microsoft buying Virtual PC, which lets Macs run Windows wares, Apple's independence may well rest with programs such as Bochs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I hope this actually happens. I would love to be able to just put a disc in, or double click an .exe and run the app, without having to bog down my system with a hefty emulator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
You know, I have VPC... and the only programs I ever use on it... is kazaa.. theres a real reason why I went with macintosh after the DOS era. Even kazaa has alternatives that work fine. Other than that.. I really don't use it (case examples when I wana test a site or something), I actaully considered not updating to 6...

Honestly how many programs does PC have that mac doesnt have a better version of? My theory is if mac has it.. its better.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You know I think your right about Mac versions usually being better, but alot of times VPC is used for compatibility issues or when Mac versions don't exist. For example MS Access, Vizio, etc., specialized industry software, and such. In those cases, VPC becomes necessary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yes agreed there.

I think mac has such good to perfect software is because apple provides such great tools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.