Old or older MBP for digital image processing

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm willing to buy a used MBP and I've now two offers.
One is for 2.0 GHz 2006 MBP and other 2,2GHz 2007 MBP.

The older has ~200-300€ lower price than Santa Rosa version, so I would like to know if it's worth of pay the extra or should I use the money e.g. new display?

I have used my G5 iMac for image processing, but after I updated my camera the PPC iMac runs abit too slow...

Any opinion is welcome, so please share! =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2.26ghz MacBook 6,1 Late 2009 250GB HD 8GB ram, Mavericks, 30GB Ipod Video, 16GB Iphone 5 ;-)
The 2.2 GHZ is a bit faster. Not so sure what else you are asking for. Both can get the job done.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm sure both get the job done, because my G5 iMac was also able to do that.

I just would like to hear opinions that if the extra speed burst that the newer MPB provides is worth 200€, or should I use it for something else?

I have never worked with Intel C2D macs, so I really don't know how fast they are compared to G5.

OP
M
Reaction score
I think I'll lean to the newer model, because it has more power.

I just have to compromize when buying the external display, but i think the TN-panel dislplays shouldn't be much worse than this iMac screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I have that later model.. and it's been a trusty old faithful. As for the external don't go with TN.
As much as I'm anti Dell, Dell UltraSharp? U2410 Monitor with PremierColor technology
But at the end of the day, as long as the external you go for supports the max resolution and meets your needs as far as specs, it should all be good.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yep, I know that TN-panels aren't good for image processing but it's the money that counts now. And aren't some TN-panels OK when looking in right angle?

I'm gonna start saving for better screen, but for starter I just want bigger screen than 15"! =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Better off doing a 2nd hand search for something better IMHO.

OP
M
Reaction score
IMO too of course!
acutually I have never bought new computer or display, and I'm always happy to be abit behind from "todays tech." =)

but we'll see what there is to offer...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.