Old iMac blueberry

Reaction score
Hello, this might not be the right section but I'm sure you can tell me where I should be. We have unearthed my old iMac Blueberry DV and I would love to get it online for the kids (and me, it has Caesar III). However, I have very little computer knowledge so I'm having a bit of trouble.

Attached is a picture of the details on the bottom, I'll have to post again to upload a picture of the About this Computer screen as the forum strangely doesn't seem to be optimised for uploading pictures from an iPad (eg iPhoto has no facility to resize or rename images, it should happen as you upload automatically) It is running OS 9.

So far we have gathered that I need to upgrade to OS 9.1 so that I can upgrade the firmware which should allow me to upgrade to OSX Snow Leopard which I have a disc of from our current iMac. We have downloaded OS 9.1 to a memory stick but the Blueberry just doesn't recognise it. What am I missing, can anyone tell me please?

image.jpg

Reaction score
Those old imacs will not boot from a USB stick. It's cd only I'm afraid.
Also it will not run Snow Leopard. The highest it will run is maybe Tiger (10.4) though I doubt it.
With that one I'd stick with OS 8. Don't know if 9 will boot it.

Reaction score
Actually that machine will run classic and mac os x tiger but nothing else there not bad though for linux machines and you can convert it to linux by looking for ubuntu for powerpc

Reaction score
It might if it has more than the noted memory. 64mb wont run much past OS 9.

Reaction score
go onto youtube via another computer and learn how to remove the ram cover on that machine and see if it's stock don't bother the memory is rare and old and hard to find

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.