old emails keep pouring in!!!

Reaction score
My mail app keeps downloading hundreds of old emails which stop for several hours, then resume. Strangely these old emails don't appear in webmail (mail2web.com) which I use in the office. Also after I move them to trash most of them don't have the unread blue blob next to them (tho' a few do). I have OS10.3.9. Any suggestions please.

Michael, London, UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Which email application? I would suggest that somewhere along the line, a setting in your email app has changed, or has been changed, to leave mail on the server instead of deleting it after it's been retrieved. If that is the case, then every time you connect to your mail server, you're going to get all those old emails.

Why they don't show on the mail server via webmail I can't say but that's a matter to take up with mail2web. Have you checked every folder in your account on the mail server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
When that happened to me, it was the fault of my ISP. Check with them to see if they are having problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.