Offset Screen

Reaction score
my laptop fell off my passenger side seat onto the floor. i just noticed that the screen is offset to the right a little bit. when it is closed the screen is shifted a tad bit over with a slight overhang. im wondering if its something i can fix by taking it apart. i wanted to ask you guys before i took it apart because i dont have alot of experience with loose technology. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I'm such a redneck when it comes to things like that, that I'd probably just knock it back over the same way it got crooked in the first place. But, that's just me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
my laptop fell off my passenger side seat onto the floor. i just noticed that the screen is offset to the right a little bit. when it is closed the screen is shifted a tad bit over with a slight overhang. im wondering if its something i can fix by taking it apart. i wanted to ask you guys before i took it apart because i dont have alot of experience with loose technology. any ideas?

You didn't say which model Mac notebook you have.... In any event, go to this site and look up your year model Mac notebook, then look for the step by step instructions they have for changing the display. You can use those instructions for dismantling the display and make it straight again.

iFixit: Apple Mac, MacBook, iPod, and iPhone Repair Parts

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I'm such a redneck when it comes to things like that, that I'd probably just knock it back over the same way it got crooked in the first place. But, that's just me.

No its all of us rednecks !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.