office for mac- spellchecker does not work

Reaction score
I use Word to translate from Danish to English. If I use the Danish keyboard configuration so that I can type in some Danish letters, then the language defaults to Danish, and English words are marked as misspelled. Even if I do not use the Danish keyboard, if I just paste in Danish segments, the language changes to Danish, and I cannot make it stay set as English. If I go to tools/language, and set English as the default language, it just does not work. Spellcheck won't work, and if I check the language, it has reverted to Danish.
I am forced to use Pages, which works perfectly. However, to communicate with the rest of the world, I have to then export the pages into word. Even Mail has a far superior spellchecker, and in fact is a better word processor than Office/Word for Mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have no idea what you're doing or not doing in Word 2008 but it works perfectly in switching languages, keyboard, - even asian languages - and the spell checking along with it works also.

I suspect you've not got it setup correctly. The best place to get information and learn how to use Office 2008 for the Mac is the MS Mac Office user forums.

Start here.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.