• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

NVIDIA NOT to partner with apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Apple currently uses Intel chipsets in all of their products - that doesn't mean that they use an Intel integrated graphics solution in every product - it's just the chipset. Although NVIDIA makes chipsets, Apple has historically only ever used their GPUs.

Basically what this announcement means is that NVIDIA will no longer be producing chipsets like the nForce series. Not a biggie for Mac users since Macs never used the nForce chipsets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I wonder if this has to do with the massive amounts of money NVIDIA is losing over this whole 8600M defect business.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wonder if this has to do with the massive amounts of money NVIDIA is losing over this whole 8600M defect business.

I think it has more to do with the ATI/AMD merger. Naturally, Intel can't continue building ATI/Crossfire chipsets given that alliance. So, it was only a matter of time before Intel started building NVIDIA/SLI chipsets. And why should NVIDIA spend all that money developing redundant chipsets?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
This apparent forcing of Intel together with NVIDIA is going to be more amusing by virtue of the rivalry that's supposedly going to develop when Intel starts releasing their own dedicated video cards.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This apparent forcing of Intel together with NVIDIA is going to be more amusing by virtue of the rivalry that's supposedly going to develop when Intel starts releasing their own dedicated video cards.

Yeah, should be - that ATI/AMD merger really shook things up a bit. I wouldn't be surprised it AMD sold them off at some point. Seems they've had more than their fair share of financial problems recently.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.