• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Now what??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2ghz macbook pro
The new macbooks are out, and with the exception of the graphics card i see no difference in the two. (Screen size does not matter to me). How long now until the new MacBook Pro's does apple normally realize the notebook updates at the same time or do they typically wait a while

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.33Ghz, 3GB RAM, FinalCutStudio2
Are you talking about the Macbooks or the MacBook Pros?

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
WHats the difference between the "new" macbook and the old one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.33Ghz, 3GB RAM, FinalCutStudio2
I think it's just a faster processor and more HDD space. Thats what apples website says anyways.

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Yea, If you compare the new macbooks to the macbook pro's they're almost the same, except for a few minor specs.... When are they gonna update the MBP... Perhaps a 2..66Ghz core 2 duo? or somin like that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
i just want leapord and the new office

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
the macbook pros got a speed bump already, before the macbooks. THey dont need another one, they go up to 2.33 ghz anyways, regular macbooks go up to 2.16 ghz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i just want leapord and the new office
Apple has already said October for Leopard, and Apple has no control over Office 2008:mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
I'm figuring about a month. Probably to be released at WWDC allowing Jobs to present the first Apple computer to incorporate LED technology... but that's just my guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
Yea, If you compare the new macbooks to the macbook pro's they're almost the same, except for a few minor specs.... When are they gonna update the MBP... Perhaps a 2..66Ghz core 2 duo? or somin like that...

as far as i know they cant bump it up to 2.66; the latest chip (santa rosa) is only capable for 2.44 ghz (max); but i expect to see the new MBPs at WWDC and the MBs to be updated with leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Then they should throw it up to 2.44 then...Cuz the macbooks are getting close to the MBP. But the prices are still the big difference... I just want the "best bang for your buck."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
as far as i know they cant bump it up to 2.66; the latest chip (santa rosa) is only capable for 2.44 ghz (max); but i expect to see the new MBPs at WWDC and the MBs to be updated with leopard.
Leopard won't be out until October, and when it is every computer will be released with it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.