Not ringing out on iPhone SE 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Today my dog disappeared on my walk. I was unable to call home. When I got home and missing dog had been returned I tested wifi calling and that worked. I spoke to my service provider EE about the problem. Adviser suggested turning off Automatic in Settings/Mobile Data/Network SelectionNet, selecting another provider then selecting EE and turning Automatic on again. This worked initially but no longer does. Is this a fault with the iPhone or with the simcard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Sounds more like low or no signal in your initial location. Have you had a signal there in the past? Doesn't wifi calling only work when you are in wifi range of a connection (which I don't suppose works out in the open). What is Wi-Fi calling?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
RESOLVED

Should anyone else have this problem the network settings may need resetting - Settings/General/Transfer or Reset iPhone/Reset/Network Settings. iPhone will close, reopen and then ring out or in should work but wifi password will be required again for wifi.

As we have a mast within half a mile and I have never had this problem before, a poor signal seemed unlikely.

As I understand it wifi calling enables you to use wifi to make calls if you’re within range of and are logged into your home wifi. It also means that you can then enable other devices to receive/make calls.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.