Not receiving updates

Reaction score
Help needed if possible....
I have Max OSX version 10.5.8 Intel core... I haven't been on the computer very often and noticed I need updates..
When I got to software updates it appears to go through a check - but get "Doesn't have any new software for your computer at this time"

What am I missing?? I learned a lesson here.

Thank you

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Help needed if possible....
I have Max OSX version 10.5.8 Intel core... I haven't been on the computer very often and noticed I need updates..
When I got to software updates it appears to go through a check - but get "Doesn't have any new software for your computer at this time"

What am I missing?? I learned a lesson here.

The OS version your computer is running (10.5.8) probably has all available UPDATES already installed…and no more are available. OS 10.5.8 is a VERY outdated OS…and there probably haven't been any new updates released in some time.

If your computer is truly an "Intel Mac"…then you are in luck…and you can UPGRADE to a newer OS version…which would be OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard". You need to purchase it for $19.99:

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.)

- Nick

p.s. If you want to know what the max. OS your computer can run…we need to know EXACTLY what model it is. You may be able to install an OS version newer than 10.6.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
If I am not mistaken, there will be no more updates on 10.5, so you got the latest.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.