No Windows 7 on Yosemite Boot? Only 8 and above?!

Reaction score
Hey guys. trying to partition my mac on yosemite. However it seems to be only offereing me the choice of installing windows 8? I have a good version of windows 7. is that no any way around this. I only purchased the Mac last year so it is pretty new. Little frustrated. Anyone able to shed some light?

thanks guys

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Sorry to say this compatibility issue thing is something worth researching before upgrading there are plenty of web sites dedicated to the subject, the Windows site for one. I would have a look there first just in case there is a solution like an update. Whatever you call it, planned obsolescence or whatever operating systems move on and developers can see little point in making systems compatible with what they consider to be obsolete software. we are up to Windows 10 after all but it's worth checking with MS just to be sure.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey guys. trying to partition my mac on yosemite. However it seems to be only offereing me the choice of installing windows 8? I have a good version of windows 7. is that no any way around this. I only purchased the Mac last year so it is pretty new. Little frustrated. Anyone able to shed some light? thanks guys

Which Mac do you have? In any event, check with Apple to see which version of Windows you can install using Boot Camp on your Mac. Keep in mind that regardless of which Mac you own, you can install Windows 7 using virtual software. That would be Parallels, Fusion, or the free VirtualBox. Unless you intend to run a graphics intensive Windows app or games, virtual software is actually easier to deal with and more convenient as it does not require a reboot to access Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.